Dorkbake images on Flickr
Superbunker, Machine Project and Make Magazine present: DORKBAKE!
Saturday Feb 3 at 8pm
- Teams or individuals will construct ovens using only the heat of a standard 100-watt incandescent bulb.
- The name â€œEasy-Bake Ovenâ€ is property of Hasbro and shall not be mentioned again.
- Oven makers shall create a food item at home with said oven.
- Item must be large enough for four judges to each have a taste.
- Home baked goods may use any ingredients, but you’ll probably want to practice with the Standard Ingredients which will be provided in the final bake-off.
- On Feb 3rd, registered contestants will bring ovens and pre-cooked items to Machine Project
- Each oven-item combination shall be judged on presentation, engineering and culinary excellence.
- All ovens will remain on display at Machine.
- The chosen finalists will compete in a public bake-off.
- Within the time limit and under the full glare of public attention, each finalist oven team must mix and cook an item.
- A standard size, clear 100 watt incandescent light bulb will be provided for use in the final bake off
- Only the supplied ingredients may be used in the final bake-off
- Ingredients List will be finalized at 12:01am, Monday January 29.
- While the items are baking, a representative of each oven must give a brief presentation
- Presentation may be about the oven technology, their recipe, their cooking choices, or anything else they consider relevant.
- Costumes are encouraged.
- Each finalist shall be judged on presentation, engineering, culinary excellence and zazz.
- Prizes include fame (photo in MAKE), subscriptions to MAKE and CRAFT magazines, a free class at Machine, electronic kits and other goodies (donuts).
Sign Me Up!
A Registration fee of $13.37 per team is required to compete. Register at the Machine Project DorkBake page
Read the Machine Project DorkBake FAQ